2.15.2012

Bittersweet

On Sunday our family had the chance to go hear my nephew speak in church.
As I sat there listening to him I was impressed how he had grown into this amazing man.
I thought about when he was a baby and my Mom babysat him while his mom worked…and the time I let him roll off the bed. I felt like the biggest jerk ever, and I worried that I broke him. Well I didn’t and he turned out just fine.
On Sunday, in front of a church filled with people who love and respect him, he just confirmed what a great guy his is.
And how grateful I am that my kidlets have such a great example to look up to.
And how glad I am that I didn’t break him when he was a baby.
Today he entered the Missionary Training Center to begin his 2 year mission serving in Virginia.
And I am going to miss him horribly.
But I can’t wait to see the kind of man he is after serving the Lord for the best two years of his life.
 

4 comments:

  1. He's probably glad you didn't break him too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It won't be long before we'll be sending our own boys off to the MTC. That makes me happy/sad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be the best two years of his life, and will go by so fast..

    ReplyDelete