In the past I posted my menu on Mondays, but I have decided to start posting them on Saturday instead. So here we go for the next week:
- Sunday - Roast and Potatoes
- Monday - BBQ Beef Sandwiches (using leftover roast)
- Tuesday - Shrimp and Rice
- Wednesday - Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
- Thursday - Fish Tacos
- Friday - Ratatouille
- Saturday - Homemade Pizza
I found this recipe for Shrimp and Rice on Kraftfoods.com:
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 lb. frozen large shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (1/2 of 8-oz. tub) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese Spread
- 1-1/2 cups instant white rice, uncooked
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- HEAT oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook 3 min. on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- ADD broth and cream cheese spread to skillet; stir until well blended. Add rice; mix well. Cover. Reduce heat to low; cook 5 min.
- STIR in broccoli and shrimp; cook an additional 5 min. or until liquid is absorbed and broccoli is heated through.
I am going to modify it because I don't use instant rice, so I will make some changes to step 2. I will let you know how the kidlets like it.
***Update - I made the Shrimp and Rice last night for dinner. Everyone thought it was just so-so, except me. I really liked it and it was even better warmed up today for lunch.