I can't believe it is Monday already. This is our last week of summer break. I don't know how well this menu is going to hold up - There is a lot that we need to get done this week!
So here you go:
- Monday - Tostada Bake
- Tuesday - We are going school shopping so we will probably grab something while we are out.
- Wednesday - Spaghetti Pie
- Thursday - Take-out
- Friday - Hot Dogs
- Saturday - Tacos
- Sunday - Down-Home Chicken & Noodles
Sunday is a day I really use my slow cooker. Our church is from 2-5pm. It is nice having something already cooking and walk in the door and the house smells yummy. I found this really good recipe in a Gooseberry Patch catalog of all places. It is a hit in my house. It tastes great and it is really easy.
Down-Home Chicken and Noodles
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cans of cream of chicken soup (I substituted 1 can of cream of mushroom chicken)
- 14 1/2 oz can chicken broth
- 16oz pkg wide egg noodles, cooked
Place chicken in a slow cooker; sprinkle with salt and pepper (I use more seasonings than just salt and pepper). Top with both cans of soup. Cover and cook on low setting for 6 hrs, or until chicken falls apart. Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker; add broth and cooked noodles. Mix well. Cover and cook on low setting for an additional 30 minutes, or until heated through. Serves 6.