2.06.2008

Turtle Cheesecake Recipe

I have had a couple requests for the recipe, so here you go:
Turtle Cheesecake
1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup butter, melted
24 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels
2 tablespoons chocolate syrup (I didn't measure, I just drizzled until it looked good.)
2 tablespoons caramel syrup (see above)
1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans (Again I didn't measure)
1/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips (I used Heath english toffee bits - again I didn't measure)
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease 9 in springform pan. Combine crumbs and butter in medium bowl. Press onto bottom and 1 inch up side of prepared pan. I then put in the oven for 10 minutes to set it (I don't know why some recipes say to do that and other don't, I always do). Beat cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk in a large mixing bowl until smooth. Add sugar, eggs (one at a time), lime juice and vanilla extract; beat until combine. Microwave morsels in medium, microwave-safe bowl on high power for 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave an additional 10- to 15- second intervals , stirring just until morsels are melted. Stir 2 cups of cheesecake batter into melted morsels; mix well. Alternately spoon batters into crust, beginning and ending with yellow batter. I found the chocolate mixture very thick. Next time I will spread a layer of the yellow batter and drop spoonfuls of the chocolate batter and then cover with remaining yellow batter. Bake for 1 hour 10 to 15 minutes or until edge is set and center moves slightly. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes; run knife around edge of cheesecake. Cool completely. Remove side of pan. Refriderate for several hours or overnight. Drizzle chocolate and caramel syrup over cheesecake. Sprinkle with pecans and mini morsels. I drizzled and then sprinkled, but then all my cool looking drizzle was covered so I drizzled again! The one thing I would change is using milk chocolate chips intead of semi-sweet. I like milk chocolate better and went against my better judgement and used the semi-sweet. I think it depends on what you like better.

2 comments:

  1. Great! I'm so NOT smart and showed it to Geoff. Now he wants one. :) I agree about milk choc chips - much better than semi-sweet! I'll make this very soon and see if I'm as talented as you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on over! I will make one for you and Geoff. Of course there is still half of one sitting in my fridge -staring at me each time I open the door - just begging me to have another piece. I am kind of dreading Fat Butt Friday this week!

    ReplyDelete