So finally got back to planning my menus, but I guess I wasn’t quite ready to follow the plan.
Last weeks menu plan quickly fell apart…on Monday.
I had planned on fixing Chicken Pot Pie and that evening I headed to the kitchen a little late to be fixing dinner and I realized I hadn’t put the chicken out to thaw (let alone cooking it ahead of time)…DUH. So Big Daddy went and picked up pizza. Not a big deal since we had pizza planned on Friday.
Then came Tuesday…yep by the second day I was already messed up twice. I helped out Big Daddy doing a traffic study and I didn’t plan on getting home as late as I did so the kidlets had soup before we even got home. Way to be self-sufficient my sweet, little kidlets.
As far as the rest of the week? We didn’t have baked potatoes or sweet and sour meatballs. We did have roast yesterday…as super fancy nachos.
What a joke…
So anyways here is the plan for this week:
- Monday – Chicken and Rice (you know the old recipe)
- Tuesday – Baked Potatoes
- Wednesday – Pizza (it’s a tradition to have before Thanksgiving, even if I’m not doing very much cooking this year)
- Thursday – Turkey and all the fixin’s
- Friday and Saturday – Big Daddy’s family is have a family reunion so I have no idea what is going on for dinner these 2 nights.
- Sunday - Chicken Enchiladas (And a sweet baby blessing)
So wish me luck. I am pretty sure that Thursday and Sunday will go as plan. The rest is all just a big ol’ guess.