11.30.2009

Menu Monday

So the turkey is all gone so we don’t have to worry about that this week. But I must say I made Turkey Pot Pie last night that was pretty delish!

But now we are heading into the busy holiday season. This week we have a band concert, our ward party, a family get-together and the usual scout night.

So here we go:

  • Monday – Burgers
  • Tuesday – Chicken and Dumplings
  • Wednesday - Tacos
  • Thursday – Grilled Cheese and Soup
  • Friday – Pay Day take-out
  • Saturday – Ward Party
  • Sunday – Family Dinner

I was watching Diners, Drive-ins and Dives with Big J the other night and they were at this place that was famous for their Chicken and Dumplings and Big J had no idea what they were. Why haven’t I pulled this little gem out of the recipe bin before now?

6 comments:

  1. My favorite thing on the menu is payday takeout. Tee Hee!

    We did Market Street Clam Chowder for dinner tonight. WAYYY fattening. I don't like Clam Chowder but the Hubs adores it. It's okay to make fattening food if it isn't for me, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken and dumplings is a touchy subject over here (okay, not really but keep listening). Olen's mom made it the way where the dumplings are really big noodles and my mom did it the way where the dumplings are really dumplings. This is probably the only thing Olen says his mom makes better than me, but I refuse to spend three hours making big noodles that fall apart anyways. So how do you do yours?

    ReplyDelete
  3. are you serious!!!
    Holy Cow!
    that has always been my stand-by dinner.

    Hum...maybe that is what I will fix for dinner tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my boys was just asking for chicken and dumplings the other day too. Is your recipe on your other blog?

    We still have turkey. It was turkey noodle soup tonight. I think I'm about over the turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. blegh! I don't care for chicken and dumplings. But, I like tacos and pay day take out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooh! chicken and dumplings. Yummmm.

    ReplyDelete