11.23.2009

Menu Monday

It’s a little silly to post my menu for this week. I think a few days will look exactly like yours.

  • Monday – Chicken Pot Pie
  • Tuesday – We are headed over to Grandma’s. She has a surprise for the kiddos.
  • Wednesday – Traditional Thanksgiving Eve Pizza
  • Thursday – Yeah, you know the drill…Turkey and all the fixings. Oh and PIE!
  • Friday – I’m going to guess leftovers
  • Saturday – Probably anything but Turkey
  • Sunday – Roast

Originally I was going to do Thanksgiving dinner at our house. Then I decided to be sick the whole month of November. So Big Daddy sat me down and gently explained that he didn’t think I was quite up to all the work it takes to have such a big meal at our house. And he is right. On Saturday we did a little shopping, and I mean a very little (2 stores) and I had to come home and take a nap. I have zero energy right now. So Grandma Jo is stepping in and having dinner at her house and I just have to bring a couple of sides…so much easier. I will see if I can still squeeze a nap in on Thursday!

So are you cooking or driving?

8 comments:

  1. I pray that you will start feeling better.
    It is my turn to bring the pies and rolls.
    All 3 of our sons will be here this year. I am so Thankful for that.
    Have a very blessed Thanksgiving day.
    I truly enjoy reading about you and your family.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am such a loser friend. I didn't know you had been sick all this month.. Man- what's going on? What can I do? Seriously- what can I do? Do you want a Sonic, do you need dinner, do you need help with your house?
    Email me your address and I'll bring you a DP. Or do you even feel like one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and we are driving. Going to the girls Aunts house again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am hosting. My mom is making sweet potatoes, rolls, and pie. The turkey, gravy, potatoes, and stuffing are my job. We will have 16 over. It will be noisy but fun. I hope you get that nap and that you feel better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. After years of hosting (every holiday!), we now go to my sister's. This year will be a little different though. Brandon and I are going to my sister's and Howard and Courtney are going to Colorado. My work schedule couldn't be arranged so that I could go with them and I didn't want to leave Brandon alone in CA. Howard wants to see Colorado in the wintertime...this may be a deal breaker! It could go either way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. I'm so sorry you're still not up to par. I hope you start to feeling better soon. Unfortunately, this time of year is not the time to be sick. You'll be at the top of my prayer list friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice that someone could step in and make dinner for you. You have a great husband to look after you that way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You breathed on your computer didn't you? Just kidding, I don't think I'm as sick as you've been. I'm pretty sure mine is just a cold or some virus, but it sucks when you have a lot to do. Thankfully my MIL will be bringing half the food. And we may end up with Rhodes rolls instead of homemade ones, but that's okay, right?

    ReplyDelete