2.09.2009

Menu Monday

Well last weeks menu was thrown out the window by a migraine that hit on Tuesday evening and stuck around until Thursday. After the migraine was gone I still wasn't feeling myself so everything was rearranged. So this weeks menu has a few holdovers.
  • Monday - frittata (I have some veggies that need to be used up and a frittata is perfect for that)
  • Tuesday - minestrone (yes I know this has been on the menu for the last few weeks, I hope this week it finally makes it from the menu to the table!)
  • Wednesday - oven-baked chicken strips
  • Thursday - tacos
  • Friday - pay day take-out
  • Saturday - Valentine's Day - I will be fixing dinner I just don't know what
  • Sunday - King's Ranch Chicken

If you have noticed that I don't put any side dishes on my menu it is because it is usually some kind of steamed veggies. I just don't know what until I get ready to make dinner.

And before anyone says anything about me fixing dinner on Valentine's Day --Big Daddy and I have a lunch date scheduled for Saturday, sans kidlets. Thanks Aunt Sherri!

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about your migraine! Yuck! And I'm going to sheepishly admit I'm glad to know that your menus don't always go off as planned. I have menu planned in the past- sometimes really well but it seems like something is constantly going wrong that throws it off. Clearly it is just a normal thing that happens- not just because it's me.

    I hope you're back to full speed now. That's really crappy that you have to deal with migrains. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy...I think I will try making your minestrone soup...BUT, I can't find my recipe.
    Would you send it to me.
    Kirk and I had our Valentines dinner last week.
    He has a scout camp out this weekend.
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! There are never any side dishes posted on my menus, because I never make them! I'm doing good usually, just to get the main course presented. Pathetic? yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete