- Tuesday - sloppy joes (recipe here) Instead of using hamburger buns, which lead to a lot of waste at my house, I grabbed a bag of rolls at Costco on Saturday to use.
- Wednesday - minestrone soup (a holdover from last week) with french bread
- Thursday - salmon, couscous, and some type of veggie
- Friday - King Ranch Chicken
- Saturday - who knows?!?
- Sunday - breakfast for dinner. I am not sure what, but I know it will include bacon! I am going to try baking it in the oven this time.
Thursday is Big Daddy's birthday and I was kind of excited when he chose salmon. We haven't had it in a long time because it has become so expensive. But hey a birthday is a good time to splurge!
I found this recipe in my collection. I have no idea where I got it from. I don't think I have ever made it and thought I would give it a try.
King Ranch Chicken
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can Ro-Tel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 12 corn tortillas, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add soups, Ro-tel and chicken, stirring until well blended.
- Alternate layers of tortillas, soup mixture and cheese, repeating for 3 layers.
- Bake about 30 minutes, until hot and bubbly. Serves 8.
I won't be adding a onion, maybe I will add some dried chopped onions. So I will probably be leaving the butter out also. That's the beauty of a recipe like this -- take things out that you or your family won't like and add stuff they will. And can I tell you I love, love, love Ro-tel. I used it all the time.