2.15.2009

Feelin' The Love

We don't usually do much to celebrate Valentine's Day. No flowers or chocolate...well maybe chocolate.

This year was a little different.

Aunt Sherri invited all the kidlets (well those who don't rely on their Mom for nourishment and who live in AZ) over for a Valentine's Day Pizza Party. I thought it was very nice of her....and a little brave. She did have Grandma Jo come over for reinforcements.

IMG_8490

She had the table decorated really cute and had ordered heart shaped pizza.

IMG_8484

LaLa was ready for the pizza!

IMG_8488

So while the kidlets were being entertained Big Daddy and I headed out for lunch. Neither one of us had tried sushi before so we thought we would give it a try.

IMG_8492

Even though I look like I am about to puke it was really pretty good...it was just a really big bite.

IMG_8493

I was surprised at how much I liked it and how it didn't taste, or more importantly feel, like I was eating raw fish.

After lunch we went to another little place to grab a little treat.

A not so little chocolate dipped strawberry for me...so yummy.

IMG_8496

And a dessert bar for Big Daddy.

IMG_8497

That evening when it was time for dinner I didn't really feel like fixing anything so we decided on a romantic dinner...

IMG_8522

of Taco Bell and strawberry crush soda.

IMG_8521

I found these cute little candy necklaces at Target for the girlies.

IMG_8509

And for the boyz candy ties.

IMG_8511

Nothing too exciting....just spending the day with those that I love!

8 comments:

  1. I'm to scared to try sushi! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't do sushi, but my husband eats it every chance he gets. I'm glad you liked it. And I love the laid back dinner. It sounds like you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great day! Did you go to the little sushi place here in our little town? We've been wanting to try it. I wish I would've seen those candy ties. Although Connor probably would've wanted to wear his to church.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I made heart pancakes & gave them candy & that was it for the day... Troy & I just seemed to butt heads & I got sick.. Now I have this flu crud & I feel like crapola...So I think I might change the party to next wed. Even though the invitations are made. Oh well. I can't breath or anything...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds fun! How is Gma Jo? (We have a Grandma Jo at our house too). . . Sherri sounds like a fun aunt! Fun to do some fun especially when it's simple and with people we love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your day sounds like it was perfect! So brave to try the sushi...I just can't do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that was super nice of Aunt Sherri to take on the crowd!

    I love California sushi...but can not bring my self to do the raw fish.
    Your strawberry looks to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good times. I don't think I will ever try Sushi, glad you liked it. We had a similar dinner, frozen taquitos.

    ReplyDelete