Wow...I have been trying to sit down and get this posted since about 11 o'clock this morning. Don't you hate when life gets in the way of blogging?!?
So here we go for this week:
- Monday - chicken and broccoli stir-fry (hello?!? It's Chinese New Year)
- Tuesday - tacos
- Wednesday - macaroni and cheese
- Thursday - minestrone soup with french bread (Jenn I am going to try your recipe.)
- Friday - payday take-out
- Saturday - you know the routine....Whatever we find
- Sunday - Super Bowl seven-layer dip and a bunch of other munchies. I mean really the Cardinals are in the Super Bowl we have to celebrate it big time.
So here is the recipe I use for macaroni and cheese:
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp dry ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce - almost as hard to type as it is to say
- 2 cups milk (if I am feeling generous I use half and half)
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- cook macaroni according to package directions
- while macaroni is cooking, melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, mustard and worcestershire sauce. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in milk. Bring mixture to boil, stirring constantly. Let boil 1 minute. Add cheese and stir until cheese is melted.
- Drain pasta and stir into cheese sauce. Pour into a 2qt casserole. Bake uncovered in 350* over for 25 minutes.