8.11.2008

Menu Monday

Here is the menu plan for this week:

  • monday - chicken enchiladas
  • tuesday - sloppy joes
  • wednesday - crunchy ranch casserole
  • thursday - burgers
  • friday - tacos
  • saturday - date night - these don't happen nearly enough
  • sunday - slow cooker chicken cacciatore

There is a lot of red meat this week, which isn't something we usually do. I just need something different this week. The crunchy ranch casserole is a new recipe that I haven't tried before. It sounds quick and easy.

  • 1lb ground beef
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 15 oz can ranch-style beans
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 3 C tortilla chips, crushed
  • 1C grated cheese

Brown ground beef and onion in a skillet; stir in beans, soup and chips. Pour into a greased 13x9 baking pan; bake 350* for 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle cheese over the top; return to oven until cheese melts. Let stand for 10 minute before serving.

I will let you know if the kidlets and Big Daddy like it.

Here is the recipe for the chicken cacciatore:

  • 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breast halves
  • 15 oz can of tomato sauce or spaghetti sauce
  • 4 oz can sliced mushrooms, drained
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 tsp italian seasoning

Place chicken in slow cooker. Pour on sauce, mushrooms and water. Sprinkle with seasoning. Cover. Cook on high 3-4 hours or low 6-8 hours. Serve over egg noodles or rice.

4 comments:

  1. Oh yummy!
    They sound wonderful!

    I got my heart today! Thank you!!! I love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you posted the ranch casserole recipe. As I read that on your menu, I was thinking "I'm going to have to ask for the recipe." Sounds pretty good, although I don't care for beans, but my hubby does. Maybe I'll give it a try when the weather cools down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what are Ranch Style Beans.Inquiring minds would like to know.

    judy

    ReplyDelete