Here is the menu plan for this week:
- monday - chicken enchiladas
- tuesday - sloppy joes
- wednesday - crunchy ranch casserole
- thursday - burgers
- friday - tacos
- saturday - date night - these don't happen nearly enough
- sunday - slow cooker chicken cacciatore
There is a lot of red meat this week, which isn't something we usually do. I just need something different this week. The crunchy ranch casserole is a new recipe that I haven't tried before. It sounds quick and easy.
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 15 oz can ranch-style beans
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 C tortilla chips, crushed
- 1C grated cheese
Brown ground beef and onion in a skillet; stir in beans, soup and chips. Pour into a greased 13x9 baking pan; bake 350* for 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle cheese over the top; return to oven until cheese melts. Let stand for 10 minute before serving.
I will let you know if the kidlets and Big Daddy like it.
Here is the recipe for the chicken cacciatore:
- 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breast halves
- 15 oz can of tomato sauce or spaghetti sauce
- 4 oz can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
Place chicken in slow cooker. Pour on sauce, mushrooms and water. Sprinkle with seasoning. Cover. Cook on high 3-4 hours or low 6-8 hours. Serve over egg noodles or rice.