3.19.2008

Havin' His Cake

I make my kid's birthday cakes. There is nothing wrong with cakes from a store, except the frosting is usually gross, the cake is dry and I am anti-cartoon characters. Anyhoo -- As soon as they are old enough to talk they can choose whatever they want their cakes to look like. I have done from pretty simple "Hungry Caterpiller" green cupcakes (cute) to a princess castle (not so cute) and everything in between. I have very limited cake decorating skills and my kids have very large imaginations, but they seem to meet in the middle. Since Big J has been captivated by the "Spiderwick" spell for the last couple of years, and this year the movie came out he wanted a cake that looked like "Arthur Spiderwick's Field Guide to the Fantastical World Around You"
If you can look past the fact that it is on a cookie sheet - I couldn't find the platter I needed! I think it turned out really well.
Big J loved it.

4 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! I'll have to take some tips from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out AWESOME!!!
    I love it!
    You are such a sussie!!!
    Love you
    niece

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh---your handwriting on the cake is WONDERFUL!. My mom makes cakes, but she doesn't write on them. She just makes beautiful roses..

    judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy,
    I cheat. I have a template I used for the script.

    ReplyDelete