Here is the recipe for Chinese Noodle Salad from my menu on Monday.
- 1 lg head napa cabbage, chopped
- 5 green onion, chopped (use only the tops)
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked
- 1 pkg ramen noodles, broken into small pieces, don’t use the seasoning packs
- 1 sm pkg slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds, lightly roasted
Mix everything but the noodles together.
- 1 cup oil
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vinegar
Add to cabbage mixture and refrigerate. Add noodles just before serving.
I like to chop the chicken breast for this salad instead of just shredding it. For some reason I just like the smaller pieces of chicken.
This time I added roasted soy nuts. They added a really nice crunch and flavor.
Also I used just half of the dressing which was really nice. You could taste more of the other ingredients and not just dressing. Plus I just didn’t want to add that much sugar to the salad. Not that I am anti-sugar, but I think I could stand to cut a little sugar out of my diet and be just fine…or maybe even more fine. You know what I mean?!?
And I totally spaced adding the raman noodles before eating…and didn’t really miss them.