So school starts in two weeks. We are starting to get back into the routine of getting the kids in bed earlier and having a more structured routine. Which is nice, but I have really enjoyed our summer of laziness.
Here is our menu plan for this week:
- Monday - homemade pizza
- Tuesday - sweet and sour meatballs
- Wednesday - chicken and corn casserole
- Thursday - chicken burritos
- Friday - take-out
- Saturday - who knows
- Sunday - roast and potatoes
Here is the recipe I use for the Sweet and Sour Meatballs from my sister:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3/4 cup oatmeal
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup onions (I never put this much in)
- 1/2 cup milk
Mix and make into balls. Place in 9x13 pan.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 tsp worstershire sauce
Pour over meatballs. Bake at 350* for 30 minutes.
Very yummy! I usually serve it over rice.